The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

LackeyCCG

LackeyCCG is a shareware product for playing collectible card games online. Its creator explains the inspiration to create such a tool this way:

My friends and I have always enjoyed playing CCGs, like Magic: the Gathering, Lord of the Rings, Warlords, Yu-Gi-Oh, Star Wars, and many others. The genre was invented by Richard Garfield (the creator of Magic) in the early 90s. What I find really cool about CCGs is that they involve a lot of creativity and strategy even before the game starts. Building a deck requires artifice, craftsmanship, and imagination. Being a fan of other CCGs, me and my friends thought it would be cool to be able to design and create our own games and play them. Then we all went off to different colleges and could no longer play any CCGs. Desiring a means to play CCGs online, and finding every existing program to do so woefully inadequate, I decided to create LackeyCCG.
I may investigate using this for Amber: Throne War, but I suspect that since I've left the bounds of a traditional CCG far behind, its usefulness may be limited.

Comments on LackeyCCG

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.