The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

Anthony's Song

If you don't get the title of this post, then you're definitely not from Long Island.

My time living in Manhattan is officially over. I've moved in with my wonderful girlfriend into a new apartment in Astoria, Queens. It's a big change. As thrilled as I am to be moving in with her, I can't help but feel a bit sad to be leaving this great city, despite all of its warts and scars. The skyscrapers, the Dutch architecture, the French restaurants, the tourist trap that is Little Italy and the San Generro festival, the fashionistas, the street performers, the gawking Europeans, the gawking Americans, the trendy places, the dingy places, the way-too-cool-for-you places, the clubs with no sign, the surly bartenders, the self-important Wall Street types, the good pizza delivery at 4:00 AM, the ever-present police in Midtown, the alien landscape of Chinatown, the oasis that is Central Park, the gigantic rats in the subways, the feeling of limitless potential each time I stepped on to the street. I will miss living in Gotham, and I am leaving behind a long string of memories. It's a time I will never forget. But it's time to move forward; on to bigger and better things.

Comments on Anthony's Song
  Comment from Anonymous Anonymous at Monday, December 04, 2006 7:03:00 AM
Astoria? Beware. There are greeks there I believe....

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.