The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

Gamers Get Good Games

For those of you who keep in touch regularly, you may know that I have been putting in a fair amount of work on Version 2.0 (or so) of my Amber: Throne War board game prototype. I have about 50 pages of material, a new board design, and a new attitude. I want to finish, and I'm doing my best to keep the scope of the game in check.

So as a result I have been reading a lot of material on board games (as opposed to RPGs) lately, and in the process I have discovered a great blog called Gone Gaming, run by some of the same people who are involved with BoardGameGeek.com. One of the latest posts speaks to a topic all gamers (RPGers and Board Gamers alike) can relate to: why gamers are so picky about their games. Much like a wine connoisseur learns the difference between good and bad wine, the game connoisseur's tastes are refined enough to understand what separates Pay Day from Settlers of Catan. You can check out the post here.

Labels:

Comments on Gamers Get Good Games

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.