The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

Lemmings

Have you ever played the classic video game Lemmings? I sure did. Actually, there's a funny story connected to this game. Lemmings came out right around the same time that I started college and had a number of first experiences in my life. It was my first time living away from my parents, the first time I had to do my own laundry, and my first time entering an "Amsterdam state of mind."

Not-so-coincidentally, it was also the first time that I realized that there was little incentive for actually showing up to class. After all, there was no immediate repercussions for skipping. So I got baked and played Lemmings instead of going to class. Needless to say, that semester was also my first experience failing out of school, but that's a story for another time. But I beat Lemmings, by God. And so Lemmings, to me, will always be synonymous with pointless, self-destructive rebellion against a father figure that I have generalized into society at large.

And now everyone can enjoy this classic game on the web. DHTML Lemmings is an excellent clone of the original coded all in DHTML. So sit back and enjoy, and let's see if you can beat the game, too. But when you discover that your time has been sucked away into Lemming-land, don't say I didn't warn you.

Comments on Lemmings
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Friday, March 03, 2006 2:52:00 AM
I never played this game before but after checking out the link I spent the next 25 minutes getting those little b*stards from level to level. :)

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.