The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

Jury Duty

I woke up for work at 5:15 AM today. If you know me, then you know what an amazing feat that is for me. Even on a school night, I'm more likely to go to bed at 5:00 than wake up at 5:00. But, despite the hour, I managed to drag myself out of bed and my Satanic coffee maker decided to cooperate for a change. So I had coffee was waiting for me in my mug rather than on my floor, and I managed to get into the office by 6:00.

I checked out the system, and wouldn't you know it – the same issue we had last weekend was there again. So I kicked off everything manually, and everything seemed to be hunky-dory. I found a small bug, but no biggie... we can address that tomorrow. But today, I have to go to jury duty. Which is why I am in the office at such an ungodly hour. The release on Thursday went so poorly, and the patch on Friday went anything but smoothly, so I decided to play it safe and lose some sleep so that I can make sure the system is running the way it should.

Glad I did. Now to do my civic duty and say proudly: "I'm a consultant, send me home!"

Comments on Jury Duty
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:47:00 PM
They will pick you because you said that. It will be a civil case. It will drag on for WEEKS!

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.