The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

Dragonlance Movie

As usual, I am a little late with this one, but I figured I'd share: As I just discovered today via RPG Blog, there is an animated Dragonlance movie slated for release in the fall of 2007, and the cast includes some personal favorites, including Michael Rosenbaum as Tanis, Kiefer Sutherland as Raistlin, and Lucy Lawless as Goldmoon. They should have gotten Mark Hamill to do Tasslehoff instead of this Jason Marsden guy. I think he does great voiceover work and I like to know that Luke Skywalker is still working.

In any event, I am glad that they decided to do this as an animated feature rather than attempting some sort of live action thing, which would be pretty much guaranteed to be a disaster. However, according to the Movie FAQ, the screenplay was written by a guy named George Strayton, whose most prominent screen credits are a few episodes of Xena: Warrior Princess. Luckily, he does have some pen-and-paper RPG credits, but his biggest contribution, West End's d6 System (1996), was little more than a rehash of the original Star Wars RPG system and was not exactly critically well-received. This does not leave me much room to hope against hope that they produce something that can capture the magic of the original Dragonlance Trilogy, but you never know.

Comments on Dragonlance Movie
  Comment from Blogger gnome at Tuesday, July 18, 2006 4:10:00 PM
If the DnD movies are something to base judgement on, then I guess we do know...

:(

Still, all is not lost yet... It might just be a fine (animated) movie...
  Comment from Blogger Red Bull at Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:53:00 PM
Don't get me started about the D&D movie... I can sum up what was wrong in two words: Marlon Wayans.

Did anyone else hear that there was going to be a sequel with Paris Hilton?
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:46:00 AM
I heard exact same drek. Paris Hilton or no Paris Hilton it is still the sequel to one of the worst movies of all time. :(

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.