The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

S3QUENC3R Picked up by PlasticThinking.org

A German gaming blog called PlasticThinking.org has picked up S3QUENC3R, causing another very nice spike in traffic and another 500 unique users in a single day. To sum up, S3QUENC3R has had about 2,000 unique users in just 5 days!

And, once again, no Diggs.

Everybody I talk to has the same response. First: what's Digg? Then: too much effort to sign up. Okay, I get it. Nobody wants to give away personal information just to promote my game. Personally, I've had a Digg account for a while, so I'm not even sure what kind of information they ask for.

But everything I've read about the whole self-promotion thing says that Digg is one of the best ways of driving traffic to your site. Maybe it's the wrong tool for this case? Maybe a deeper game would be more likely to get dugg?

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on S3QUENC3R Picked up by PlasticThinking.org

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.