The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

My Blog's New Look

My blog has been around for two and a half years now with the same look. So I decided to update a little bit to highlight some of the better content (note I didn't go so far as to call any of it "good"). For those of you who may be reading my blog via a feed reader, please stop by and let me know what you think.

New features include:

  • A prominent link to the Friday Free Games
  • The convenient Free Game Search box,
  • A fixed-width layout to provide a more consistent look, and
  • A super-cool watermark of the twin bulls
One thing that I let go with a little bit of sadness was the quote from The Last Unicorn that has been at the top of the blog for the majority of its lifetime:
When the wine drinks itself, when the skull speaks, when the clock strikes the right time, only then will you find the tunnel that leads to the Red Bull.
—Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn
I put it there to illustrate that the "Red Bull" I was referring to was more mystical-bad-ass-animal-that-eats-unicorns and less kitschy-marketing-for-an-energy-drink. Actually, the story behind the name is a bit more interesting than that, but that's a story for another post....

Anyway, I replaced the quote because it didn't provide the visitor any sort of context for my work, and arguably just confused them. Instead I opted for a sort of rambling description of what the blog is all about, figuring that this would help a new reader understand where I was coming from. So I lose a few nostalgia points and hopefully may gain some stickiness. But we'll see how it goes.

Any and all criticisms, witiicisms and atticisms are welcome.

Labels: ,

Comments on My Blog's New Look

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.