The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

A is for Apathy

You might call it the alphabet for the apathetic, cool art from an angsty college student at Head Injury Theater.

  • A is for Apathy, the Fire Burns Low
  • B is for Burnout. Four years of this?
  • C is for Computer. A thing of evil.
  • D is for Day Job, Distraction and Depression.
  • E is for Emo Drama. No one loves me.
  • F is for Fans who scare me sometimes.
  • G is Girls. Curse their curves.
  • H is for Hysteria.
  • I is for Inbox which scares me into seclusion.
  • J is for Jared. I am my own enemy.
  • K is for Krull. I am the chosen one.
  • L is for Lazy.
  • M is for Malignant; my tumor's name is Steve.
  • N is for Neurosis. You'll never find me.
  • O is for the Others. Their weird, but they have a great dental plan.
  • P is for Prison (and a Pretty mouth).
  • Q is for Quitting.
  • R is for Routine. R is for Routine. R is for Routine...
  • S is for Sex. Yes, please!
  • T is for Thetans. The Scientologists are gonna get me.
  • U is for Unemployment. "Spare some change?"
  • V is for Vacation. Again, you'll never find me.
  • W is for Warcraft. A lifetime lost to digital fish.
  • X is for Xanax. And drinks make me forget.
  • Y is for Ye Olde Website, why can't I be digital?
  • Z is for Zombie Jesus. Five years ago I felt original.
His art reminds me a bit of one of my all-time favorite comic artists, Bill Sienkiewicz - perhaps it's the fact that he's not afraid to splatter the ink. Sienkiewicz's Elektra: Assassin blew my mind in high school. "Remember, America. Not wind like a watch, but Wind, like the air..." Perhaps a full post on Elektra: Assassin is in order...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments on A is for Apathy

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.