The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

McCain Staffer Disses D&D

From Boing Boing, by way of a friend:

It may be typical of the pro-Obama Dungeons & Dragons crowd to disparage a fellow countryman's memory of war from the comfort of mom's basement, but most Americans have the humility and gratitude to respect and learn from the memories of men who suffered on behalf of others.
—Michael Goldfarb, "Smears the Left Can Fight For"
As if there wasn't enough to hate about McCain, now he's dissing on the grandaddy-of-them-all. No, sir. This sort of anti-gamerism will not be tolerated. McCain owes the gamers of the world an apology. Learn how to "do a Google," Grandpa, before you start messing with the people who control the entire infrastructure of the information economy.

Is it just me, or does every last statement made by the McCain campaign amount to "I was a POW so how dare you disagree with me"? What a fucking joke.

My favorite response from the comments on Boing-Boing: "You know what to do, kids: ROLL FOR INITIATIVE."

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on McCain Staffer Disses D&D
  Comment from Anonymous Anonymous at Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:20:00 PM
Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I've reallly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.
In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

Check out my webpage ... m88

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.