The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

Shoes Thrown at Bush in Iraq

The man says: "This is the farewell kiss, you dog. This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq":

The BBC reports on the incident, saying:

In the middle of the news conference with Mr Maliki, a reporter stood up and shouted "this is a goodbye kiss from the Iraqi people, dog," before hurtling his shoes at Mr Bush, narrowly missing him.

"All I can report is a size 10," Mr Bush said according to the Associated Press news agency.

The shoe thrower was taken away by security guards and the news conference continued.

Correspondents called it a symbolic incident. Iraqis threw shoes and used them to beat Saddam Hussein's statue in Baghdad after his overthrow.

Isn't that ironic for us, the "liberators", to be treated the same way as the "oppressor". You'll be missed, George, by someone I'm sure. Just by no one I know.

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on Shoes Thrown at Bush in Iraq
  Comment from Blogger Lee at Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:14:00 PM
Dude!!!!

Did you see him dodge the first shoe, BADASS!!!!
  Comment from Blogger gnome at Saturday, December 20, 2008 8:35:00 AM
At least that's over with... Bush I mean. Hopefully the occupation of Iraq soon, provided Obama keeps his promises...
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:06:00 AM
I'm sure you loved that Dan. :P

Yes, I hope the rebuilding of Iraq ends too. I hope that the country can endure on it's own long after we are gone.

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.