The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

Why I Love eBay

By now, I should have convinced you that there is a lot of crap online that tries to pass itself off as content. Then again, since you're reading this blog, itself a poor substitute for content, then maybe you can't tell the difference. So I will try again.

One of my personal favorite sites in the world is eBay, not only because it's just a wasteland of stuff that you think you might want because it's only a buck (plus $50 shipping), but also because they are exploiting a business model that could not have existed before the advent of the World Wide Web. It's like a worldwide swap meet, open to everyone, and like any open community, there are a bunch of nuts thrown into the mix.

People will try to sell anything on eBay, including:

God bless the Internet! I say that if some guy can make money by having his wife shout your name during sex, then he deserves every penny he gets.

Comments on Why I Love eBay
  Comment from Anonymous Anonymous at Thursday, April 14, 2005 11:48:00 AM
You may love ebay...but I hate you.
  Comment from Blogger Red Bull at Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:23:00 PM
I wonder who that "anonymous" poster was? Probably the "Top Agent".
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Thursday, April 14, 2005 6:45:00 PM
that guy did come through on his bid - his wife really did scream "Oh give it to me Mac baby...!"

Best $250 I've spent.

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.