The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

The Political Quiz Show

I like these quizzes for some reason. This one was one of the first I've taken that I felt asked good questions and the result seemed accurate.

The Political Quiz Show rates you on a 0 - 40 scale, 0 being 100% liberal, 40 being 100% conservative. What did I score? The perfect 20, making me a "Colin Powell" Centrist.

Comments on The Political Quiz Show
  Comment from Blogger Red Bull at Monday, September 12, 2005 4:52:00 PM
That's right. The quiz was part of a conservative conspiracy against the liberals. ;)

But seriously, this is an internet quiz, produced for mass consumption, not an in-depth analysis of the meaning of liberalism versus conservativism.

I agree there may have been some bias to the conservative side, but I think the approach - divorcing the philosophy from the issues - is sound. Too many of these things ask questions about specific issues, such as gun control, abortion, or what have you, and ignore the fact that what makes you a liberal or a conservative is a philosophy, not a stand on one issue or another.
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Monday, September 12, 2005 9:49:00 PM
Heh, did you score higher than a zero Patsy? ;) Just curious. I actually much lower than I thought so I will go ahead and agree with your above statement except I'll flip the salient points from "conservative" to "liberal".
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Friday, September 16, 2005 8:30:00 PM
I was quite surprised to have scored a... 23? I thought I was more Right than that. Maybe it's one to many gallimaufries that are started to erode my brain ;)

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.