The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

Tomb of Horrors

One of my earliest role-playing experiences was playing good old first edition AD&D with my brother way back in the early eighties. Dungeon Module S1: Tomb of Horrors was one of the first modules I had seen, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. There were these great illustrations of the various traps throughout the module, like the mosaic floor, the carved demon's head whose mouth was a Sphere of Annihilation, and the skeleton with a pair of scimitars that sprung out of a chest. After all, that's what D&D was – kill the monsters, get the treasure, avoid the devious traps.

Well, WoTC has updated my favorite module for 3.5 and has posted those very illustrations online. Check it out.

Comments on Tomb of Horrors
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Wednesday, November 02, 2005 3:49:00 AM
What a stroll down memory lane to the "Golden Age" of RP'ing. Heh.
  Comment from Blogger Jonah Falcon at Saturday, March 08, 2008 7:46:00 PM
There's free candy inside the demon's mouth. Go get it.

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.