The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

Order of the Stick #247

For those of you who read the Order of the Stick, you may have wondered what Haley has been saying in strips #247 and #248. Fortunately for those gentle readers who are geeky enough to care but not geeky enough to solve the cipher, I've taken the liberty of translating strip #247 for you below (Haley's translated lines are in bold):

Durkon: So, uh... we're just aboot ready ta leave, guys. V an' I just prepared our spells.

Elan: Yeah, OK.

Elan: Durkon, I'm a bit worried about Haley. She hasn't budged in hours, and if nothing else, I would think she'd have to go potty by now. Can you check her out?

Durkon: Well, she not be paralyzed or held or nuthin'. She seems ta be in perfect health, except for some fire damage.

Haley: TREASURE!

Durkon: Gah!

Haley: Gone! All of it, gone! I can't believe it's all gone!

Elan: Haley, I know you have more Bonus Languages than I do, but now's not the time to show them off.

Haley: I got eaten by a dragon for that freakin' treasure!

Haley: I got vomited up! By a disgusting, acid-breathing dragon! And now it's GONE!

Durkon: Elan, hold on a moment. Comprehend Languages!

Durkon: Och, lad, she not be speakin' any language. I cannae understand a word, even wit' tha magic o' Thor. I think she be havin' some kind o' breakdown about tha loot.

Haley: Not THE loot, MY loot. Mine!

Elan: I don't understand. Is she gonna be OK?

Durkon: Well, lad, the brain be a funny thing. Sometimes, it just stops workin' right when ye've been through a bad scene.

Haley: Wait, why do I sound funny? Hello? Hello?

Belkar: Wait, wait, so she can't speak at all? Even if she wants to? Hey Haley, if you don't want me to tell Elan how you really feel, just say so.

Haley: What? No! Don't you dare!

Belkar: Well, OK, since you didn't say anything.... Elan, Haley is actually in —

Haley: Sneak attack boot to the face!

Belkar: Oof!

Belkar: Objection noted.

Haley: Darn straight.

Durkon: It's just like me granpappy always said: A kick be worth a thousand words.

Elan: I'm so confused.

Labels: , ,

Comments on Order of the Stick #247
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:06:00 PM
You know, I was one of those interested in translating but just too damn lazy. Thanks for the lines :)
  Comment from Anonymous Anonymous at Saturday, March 20, 2010 2:40:00 PM
Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on redbulldiary.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me show you one truth. Recent Research displays that nearly 70% of all U.S. adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.