The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

History of the Non-Medical Use of Drugs

I have to thank my boy Alan for sending me a link to this great article on The History of the Non-Medical Use of Drugs in the United States, originally published in the Journal of Cognitive Liberties in the Fall of 2000. The author takes through the history of drug regulation, from the rampant morphine addiction at the turn of the twentieth century, to the formation of the FDA, to the federal government's decision to illegalize marijuana in 1937, straight through to the so-called War on Drugs.

Comments on History of the Non-Medical Use of Drugs

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.