The Red Bull Diary   Recent Posts
RSSRSS Friday Free Games
"Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
— Karl Friedrich Hieronymus, Freiherr von Münchhausen

The Feds in My Head

This op-ed piece from the New York Times is chillingly Orwellian. Has there ever been a point in your life where you were more certain that you could not trust the government?

Comments on The Feds in My Head
  Comment from Blogger MacFurious at Monday, May 29, 2006 8:36:00 AM
So you trust the government less because of a hacky Orweillian op-ed piece? I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. :/
  Comment from Blogger Red Bull at Tuesday, May 30, 2006 12:01:00 PM
No, I mistrust the government because it has proven itself untrustworthy. The piece had a poetic way of expressing what I had already felt. Back in the day, you suspected that the government was corrupt. Now you know it is. They've become so powerful and emboldened that they don't even bother to lie to us anymore. And that is scary.

Pandora: My Favorite New Songs
LibraryThing: What I'm Currently Reading
Archive Links
Friends of the Red Bull


Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida

Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew
The Red Bull Diary Is
The Red Bull Diary is the personal pulpit and intellectual dumping-ground for its author, an amateur game designer, professional programmer, political centrist and incurable skeptic. The Red Bull Diary is gaming, game design, politics, development, geek culture, and other such nonsense.